At some point in our lives we all have experienced strong headaches. But, we need to know the differences between headaches and migraines. Headaches usually cause pain in our upper neck, upper side of head and face and it can be related with stress, medication overuse or infections. But, migraines can cause much more severe pain compared to headache pain. Migraine symptoms are usually strong and recurring, they are called as episodes or attacks which can continue from few hours to few days. In fact, we can say that a headache is only a single symptom of a migraine.
What Are The Symptoms Of Migraine?
Migraine have many different symptoms, people with migraine might experience only some of them while other can experience different symptoms.
There are some pre-headache symptoms like:
- Food cravings
- Mood swings
- Neck ache
- Light, sound and smell sensitivity
Migraine episode symptoms:
- Blurred vision
- Blind spots
- Difficulty in understanding and talking
- Difficulty in thinking clearly
- Stabbing pain in the head
What Triggers Migraine?
There are number of things that can trigger migraine episodes or attacks, and if the person controls these triggers they might be able to control the severity of their migraine attack and future migraine episodes.
- Hormone changes
- Sleep disorders
- Alcohol consumption
- Not eating and drinking enough
What Are The Natural Remedies For Migraine?
- Nowadays, most migraine cases are being treated with medications, some of these medications can actually help with the migraine attacks like NSAIDS, Melatonin, beta-blockers and triptans. There are some other medications that are used for long term prevention of migraines like anti-seizures and anti-depressants.
- However, some natural remedies are used to help control migraines, specially by stress management like meditation, yoga, breathing techniques.
- Also, it is important to avoid some food types that can trigger migraines like hotdog, cheese, dairy products, peanut, wheat and alcohol. And sing natural essential oils was proven to help with the severity of migraine like lavender oil and peppermint oil.
- There are some food types that can help relieve the migraine symptoms like dried fruits, rice, coloured vegetables, sweet potatoes and drinking water.